Providence Christian College seeks to provide a safe environment for the College community that is reflective of its Core Values and Purpose. The College will ensure that relevant suitability checks are conducted when using Relief Staff and Tutors.
- The responsibility for assessing the suitability of Relief staff and Tutors will be that of the Principal delegated to the Deputy Principal or Business Manager.
- Relief Staff and Tutors are any persons including, but not limited to, Relief Teachers and Education Assistants, Music Tutors and IT, Admin or Grounds support staff who are not on the formal list of employees of the College but who may have interaction with students in the course of their duties
- The Deputy Principal/Business Manager is responsible to ensure that relevant suitability checks have been conducted for all applicants including when using staff from outside agencies. e.g. Class Professionals.
- Suitability will be determined on Character, Competence and a relevant Commitment to the purpose of the College
- Suitability Checks should include the following:
- Relevant application forms completed and received
- Relevant Qualifications and Registrations to the role are witnessed and copies filed. Eg Teacher Registration/ Working with Children check.
- Referees must be consulted
- Suitability Meeting to be held before commencement
- Child Safety related enquiry at the interview
- Records of Documentation with regard to Relief Staff is the responsibility of the Business Manager.