Providence Christian College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for students travelling on the College buses.
Students travelling on either a Providence Christian College or contracted bus are expected to behave in a manner that reflects well on the College. This includes but is not limited to:
- Being respectful to the driver and other passengers
- Obeying bus rules about not eating and drinking, remaining seated, wearing of seatbelts when provided, not putting arms etc out of the windows
- Refraining from communicating with members of the public in any manner while on board the bus
- Keeping noise to a level that considers the comfort of other passengers and the driver
- Refraining from inappropriate language
Students who violate these expectations will be subject to the following process:
- The Bus Driver will report any incident/s to the Registrars or teacher in charge of the excursion.
- For Primary School students, the Head of Primary School will be informed. For Secondary School students, the Head of Secondary School and Deputy Principal will be informed. The report will be investigated as necessary.
- Once any investigation is completed the Head of School will contact the parents of the student by phone and by mail providing the details of the incident. Queries about the incident should be addressed to the relevant Head of School.
- The student will have one strike recorded against their name (Incidents of a serious nature may incur a penalty of more than one strike).
- After a 3rd strike the student will be suspended from using the bus for the next 5 consecutive school days.
- Should a student incur a further 3 strikes they will no longer be able to use the bus service. After a 12 month period this situation may be reviewed at the discretion of the Principal.
- Depending on the seriousness of the offense other disciplinary action consistent with the College’s Behaviour Management and Character Development Policies may also be applied.