Providence Christian College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for students while travelling by bus to and from the College .
Students travelling on either a Providence Christian College or contracted bus are expected to behave in a manner that reflects well on the College. This includes but is not limited to:
- Being respectful to the driver and other passengers
- Obeying bus rules about not eating and drinking, remaining seated, not putting arms etc out of the windows
- Refraining from communicating with members of the public in any manner while onboard the bus
- Keeping noise to a level that considers the comfort of other passengers and the driver
- Refraining from inappropriate language
Students who violate these expectations will be subject to the following process:
- The Bus Driver will report the incident to Student Services on the form provided by the College.
- For Primary School students the Head of Primary School will be informed, for Secondary School students the Head of Secondary School and Deputy Principal will be informed. The report will be investigated as necessary.
- Once any investigation is completed Student Services will contact the parents of the student by phone and by mail providing the details of the incident. Queries about the incident should be addressed to either the relevant Head of School or the Deputy Principal as necessary.
- The student will have one Strike recorded against their name. (Incidents of a serious nature may incur a penalty of more than one Strike.)
- After a 3rd Strike the student will be suspended from using the bus for the next 5 consecutive school days.
- Should a student incur a further 3 Strikes they will no longer be able to use the bus service. After a 12 month period this situation may be reversed at the discretion of the Principal.
- Depending on the seriousness of the offense other disciplinary action consistent with the College’s Behaviour Management Policy may also be applied.